Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I want to be an Oasis Day Camps Staff Member?
- To Gain Leadership Experience
- To be a positive influence in the campers summer experience
- Enhance your interpersonal and social skills
- Gain Experience working as a Youth Worker
- Meet your “summer camp friends forever”
- Spend your summer outdoors in a fun environment
What positions are available during the summer?
- Camp Counselor (age 17+)
- Swim Staff (Lifeguards/WSI)
- Instructor Staff (Sports/Theater/Yoga/Martial Arts/Dance/ Etc…)
- Division Leader (College senior +)
- Operations Director (College Student – Business Majors preferred?)
- Maintenance Staff (17+)
- Office Administrator
Oasis Staff Members typically possess these background and personality traits…
- Entering 12th grade or older (17+)
- A desire to work with children
- A strong sense of responsibility and maturity
- Ability to take the initiative and be resourceful
- Sense of humor
- Good emotional and physical health due to camp demands
- Some experience working with young people in any capacity…
Why is being an Oasis Staff member a unique experience?
- You are part of something bigger, we have 13 tuition based day camps this coming summer!
- You will work in a premier day camp experience in a unique setting (public parks/schools/college campuses)
- You become a part of the Oasis day camp spirit and culture
- Opportunity to grow within the camp setting, ability to strive for more responsibility from summer to summer.
What is expected of an Oasis Staff Member?
- Understanding that you are responsible for your campers safety throughout the summer along with being responsible for ensuring they are all having a fun summer
- Setting a positive example in your group
- Encouraging your campers to participate in all activities and to try new things
- Participate in all activities (including daily swim) – what we call “being in the mess”
How long is the Oasis Camp Season and what are the hours during the summer?
- A summer season at Oasis runs a full 8 Weeks (We can offer shorter contracts if needed due to University/other job commitments)
- All staff members are required to participate in pre summer trainings
- Staff are asked to arrive at camp by 8am and will be dismissed around 530pm. (it is a long day…be prepared)
How old are Oasis campers?
- Campers range from 3 years old (early start imagination camp – ESIC) through 13 years old in our teen travel program
What should I wear to camp?
- Come to camp ready for action! All of our staff members are required to wear an Oasis Staff T-Shirt (5 will be provided during orientation, and more can be purchased on our website). You should also come to camp wearing sneakers or comfortable shoes you can be active in, along with comfortable active shorts/pants. All Counselors are expected to swim with their campers every day so please bring a bathing suit and towel.